Chinese handset maker Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM to pick devices starting with Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2. The Chinese firm has already shown that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM over-the-air (OTA) update will be restricted to just several devices and will observe a continuous rollout.
This means that Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max two users may either wait for the official OTA update, or can manually download and install the OTA file if they wish to use it immediately. For additional supported Xiaomi devices, the business has confirmed that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM will be available by end of this month. You are able to assess here if your Xiaomi device is supported for your MIUI 9 update.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2 users ought to have begun receiving the MIUI 9 via an OTA update over the weekend, and they all need to do is wait it out patiently for a notification. They could alternatively even check in their Updater app, to determine if the update has arrived or not.
Here’s how to download and install MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi smartphone:
Before starting on with the flashing procedure, Xiaomi consumers should make sure their battery is over 60 percent and should take back-up of their programs and multimedia content to be on safe side. Xiaomi smartphone users will have to download Recovery or Fastboot bundle depending on the ROM version. If you are running the Developer ROM, then download the Recovery package with . Zip extension or alternatively those running the secure ROM must download the Fastboot package with . tgz extension.
For those who have the Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max two can download and install the corresponding ROMs out of Xiaomi’s website. Follow the below highlighted steps on how to download and install the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM.
This list will be updated with fresh MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM links as Xiaomi makes them available.
1) Before fastbooting, users must have the bootloader unlocked. They’re able to do it by switch off their devices and then press and hold down volume and power button simultaneously, it should power up the phone with fastboot screen.
2) Users may connect their phones with USB to PC, click Refresh button in flash tool program and it must display device ID. If not, install Mi PC Suite and drivers submitted here. Extract the fastboot ROM downloaded, to some folder on PC.
3) Open MiFlash tool, and choose Clean all in the right down corner
4) Click Select and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM and click Flash
5) It will begin flashing on the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device. Users should note that they can’t eliminate their device while flashing.
- What Goes Into Skin Care Products
- Samsung J7 With Full Details
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 32-Inch Type Introduced, Its Lowest Priced and Littlest Television However
- What You Need to Know About Cellulite
- 3 Common Questions to Ask an Image Consultant
How was your experience installing MIUI 9 Global Secure ROM in your smartphone? Let us know via the comments. For more tutorials, go to our How To section.